Monday 25 November 2013

Chia Pudding

As I journey through the maze that is going vegan, I'm constantly surprised and impressed at how many wonderful (and completely natural) treats there are to enjoy. The latest "superfood" to join my list are Chia Seeds. They are high in Protein, Iron and Omega-3, plus antioxidants. I've been enjoying them with cereals & puddings, sprinkling them over at the end for a little nutrition kick, until now... 

This super-simple recipe for Chia Pudding is highly rewarding - and get your favourite fruits, seeds and nuts at the ready! To serve 2, you will need:

60g Chia Seeds
300ml Soya Milk
1 tbsp Agave Syrup


Put all of the ingredients into a small bowl or jug and mix well. Leave to settle for 30 minutes then mix again. Cover the container with cling film and leave in the fridge overnight. 

The next day all of the seeds will have increased in size and you should have a dessert the texture of blancmange - a little wobbly! Now is for you to decide on a topping. I used dried figs and a little more agave syrup. That's my sweet tooth talking!

The texture of the pudding was not what I expected but the flavour is so creamy, almost akin to rice pudding. You can use any non-dairy milk that you enjoy. I imagine Almond milk would be quite something! 

No comments:

Post a Comment